Liquid leaking underneath the car is a very common issue face by people who own vehicles.
In such a scenario, it is important to resolve the issue as early as possible because it might
lead to severe damage for which you will have to spend more money. There are two types
of liquid leakages from the vehicles: Oil and water leakage underneath the car.
Before taking your vehicle to the service center ensure what type of leakage has occurred
to your vehicle to stop the leakage. Water leakage can be stopped easily without having to
spend more money on it.
Things to be aware of about leakage underneath your car
- When you notice any kind of leakage underneath your car, kindly make sure that the
liquid is water before you take any action.
- Ensure the type of liquid leakage underneath your car, as in whether it is the liquid
from the coolant or oil leakage from the engine.
- Take a look at the colour of the liquid dripping from your car.
- The liquid coming from the coolant is usually blue in colour and oil leakage can be
- If you find liquid leakage other than the ones mentioned above, then it could
probably be water leakage.
Common reasons for liquid leakage underneath your car
The air conditioner in your car
The most common reason for the dripping of water underneath your car is because of the
air conditioner that is present over there. Sometimes you might even observe that the
water is leaking from that of the AC in your car which might lead to water in another
location in the car. There are chances that in the air conditioning units the moisture present
in the air accumulates which automatically leads to water leakage.
The combustion process in your car might lead to propelling a small amount of water from
the exhaust pipe. This is very common and there is nothing you need to worry about. It
doesn’t cause any severe damage to your car. One important factor that you need to take
into consideration is that the water that comes from the exhaust pipe should not be the
water from the coolant. If the leakage is from the coolant then you will have to take steps in
resolving the issue as it might cause damage to your car.
Here are some of the leakage situations in your car that needs to be considered for
- If you notice brown colour leakage underneath your car, then you will have to take
your car immediately to a trusted mechanic.
- This leak has to be taken seriously because its brown colour leakages are caused by
faulty brakes in the car known as brake fluids.
- If this problem is unattended then it might even cause severe problems like
- This type of liquid leakage is very rare and if you notice it immediately take it to the
mechanic shop as it might be so dangerous.
- Leakage from the brakes can be harmful as it loses the safety control of your car.
If you find any type of leakage in your car, please notice what kind of leakage is that with
the help of the above-mentioned points and take necessary actions as early as possible.
Leakage in your car not only causes damage to the vehicles but also acts as a threat to the
safety of people traveling in that vehicle. Check your car or whichever vehicle for that
matter and ensure that you maintain it in a perfect condition that is safe for driving.